Wednesday 14 December 2011

EVALUATION


Typeface //3

This brief has changed so many times. I firstly only started designing a typeface in the summer just for the fun of it, but it took so long and I carried it on when I started back in level 6 so I thought it would be a shame not to make it into a brief.  For this reason I haven’t documented it from the beginning so I am a little annoyed that I didn’t do this however I could have made this type much quicker as I did a lot of variations which I foolishly didn’t save and also it took so long as I re-legthened each line.

The letter I most struggled with were ‘S’ I could not make it look good, I tried so many different variations but it so curvy and awkward but I finally made a version I was happy with and stuck with it.

I was very happy with the resolution of the prints however when it came to binding the pages were too thick to put a pin through so I did the book in sections. I had 4 sets of 4 pages and sewed them together and then tied the ends of each bit of string to bind all the pages together. This all went well until it came to binding on the front and back cover. In my crit they told me to just sew it with the rest of the book so I did and the string snapped and a lot of pages came loose so it was all coming apart and I started knotting them all together so the end resolution was a bit of a disaster. However, I have learned from this and I know next time I am just going to drill a small hole through everything and use better string.

So I was quite disappointed with my final book. Also, if I were to make it again I would use thinner stock so you could turn the pages easier and it would look more professional while using the French fold technique.

My time management on this brief was very scattered as I kept leaving it for weeks and then coming back to it with new ideas. I would of like to of screen printed on the bags rather than just proposed it and same with posters but in the end the truth was I ran out of time and money. I learned organization is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment